willys logo

Willys Manuals PDF


Jeep - willys
Jeep - willys
willys mb
willys mb

Willys History

Willys was a trademark, which was used by Willys-Overland Motors, the American car company most famous for its development and production of military jeeps (MBs) and civil (CJs) in the 20th century cars.

 

In 1908 John Willys bought the Overland Automotive Division of Standard Wheel major and in 1912 renamed it Willys-Overland Motor Company. From 1912 to 1918, Willys was the second largest car manufacturer in the US after the company Ford Motor.

 

Production of Willys MB, better known as Jeep, started in 1941, jointly by Willys, Ford and American Bantam which was the initiator of the idea of original design Jeep body. 8598 units were produced in the same year, and another 359,851 units were produced until the end of the Second World War.

 

After the war, Willys was planning to re-enter the passenger car market in 1947 with the model of Willys 6-70 sedan. Its name comes from the fact that it was equipped with a 6-cylinder engine, which gave power 70 hp 6-70 model is touted as the first car in America for the broader market, which offer independent suspension on all four wheels, but, unfortunately, this car was never put into production.

 

In the 50s and 60s the production of Willys change of ownership a few times and eventually moved to the United States to Brazil, where he engaged in the production of jeeps until 1983.

willys
willys