SIMCA Car Manuals PDF above the page - 1301, 1100.
The company Societe Industrielle de Mechanique et Carrosserie Automobile was founded in 1934 by the Italian Henri-Theodor Pigozzi (by birth - Teodoro Enrico Pigozzi) in the town of Nanterre, not far from Paris.
Initially, the founding father of the company mastered the production of cars under license from FIAT.
The first was a car 6CV (1934), repeating FIAT 508 Balilla. Further, the SIMCA-FIAT 11 CV model (a copy of the FIAT 518 Ardita model) was released, and in 1936 SIMCA-5 (analogue FIAT-500 Topolino) and SIMCA-8 appeared, which repeated the FIAT-1100.
The same models became the basis for further development of the famous designer Amadeus Gordini, who created the car SIMCA-Gordini, who won among the cars of his class in the race at Le Mans in 1939.
After the Second World War, in 1946, the SIMCA Senc model appeared - the double FIAT Topolino and SIMCA Whit - an exact copy of FIAT-1100. Both cars had four-cylinder engines with a working volume of 589 and 1089 cm3 and a capacity of 14 and 32 liters. from.
The first self-designed car appeared only in 1951 - it was a small car Aronde, equipped with a load-bearing body. The model became very popular, and literally in the year of release, about 20,000 copies were sold, in 1952, more than 52,000 copies of this model were sold, and by 1959 sales had increased to a figure of 100,000.
In 1962, the model was modernized and became known as the Aronde P-60. The car with a straight-ahead 4-cylinder engine in volume of 1,3 liters was equipped with a mechanical 4-speed transmission, an independent front lever-spring suspension and a single beam on the semi-elliptic springs of the rear axle.
The brakes of the machine were drum-type on all wheels. Power of the power unit was 70 horsepower. With this power, the car could reach speeds of up to 142 km / h. In the future, without changes, the car was produced only until 1964.
Even earlier, in 1954, SIMCA bought the French plant of the concern Ford in the city of Poissy, together with the license for the assembly of Vedette cars. It was a spacious six-seater with a lower V8 engine.
In the spring of 1957, the Vedette and Aronde models were produced. This latest car combined a spacious Vedette body with an economical four-cylinder engine. This model, equipped with a 2.3-liter V8 engine and 84 hp, was produced until 1961, when its production was transferred to Brazil, where it continued until 1967.
The newly acquired plant became the main one for the SIMCA company, and the old one, in Nanterre, was sold to a rather big already at that time concern of Citroen as superfluous.
In 1957, was released model Ariane, which was collected with the body and the chassis of the car Vedette, as well as a 4-cylinder engine model Aronde. In 1959, the company SIMCA joined the company Talbot.
However, after a while, SIMCA itself lost its former popularity and began to experience financial difficulties. As a result, 15% of the shares were sold to the American concern Chrysler.
In 1968, the model SIMCA-1100 with front-wheel drive and a transversely disposed engine of 1.1 liters capacity was produced. Two years later, the division of the military-industrial concern Matra joined the SIMCA company. From that moment the production of the sports model Bagheera began, as well as the passenger-car Rancho.
In July 1970, the Chrysler Group's share was already 99%, resulting in the company being named Chrysler-France. Nevertheless, for some time the cars continued to receive the old SIMCA names, but were later renamed to SIMCA-Chrysler. In the same time period, the Chrysler-160 and 180 models emerged.
In 1975, a whole series of SIMCA-Chrysler cars was introduced. The most common steel models 1307 and 1308 with front-wheel drive and a transversely located engine of 1.3 and 1.4 liters, respectively. The power of these units ranged from 68 to 85 hp.
Emerged in 1977, classic cars SIMCA-Chrysler 1609 and 1610 did not become as popular as the previous 1307 and 1308.