Daewoo Cielo Service Manual
Daewoo Espero Owner's Manual
Daewoo Matiz Service Manual
Daewoo Gentra Owner's Manual
Daewoo Leganza Service Manual
Daewoo Tico Service Manual
Daewoo Car Manuals PDF & Wiring Diagrams above the page.
GM Daewoo Auto & Technology was first established as National Motor in 1937 in Bupyeong-gu (Seoul, South Korea). After they changed their name to Saenara Motor in 1962, in 1965 was bought Saenara Motor Shinjin Industrial, which changed its name to Shinjin Motor, began to collaborate with Toyota. After the release of Toyota in 1972, Shinjin Motor start a joint venture with General Motors under the name General Motors Korea, but was renamed again in 1976 to Saehan Motor.
After the Daewoo Group gained control over the company in 1982, the name was changed to Daewoo Motor. In the early 90s the company began diligently to expand around the world. Until 1996 all cars were based on General Motors models. After the Asian financial crisis that began in 1997, it took over the troubled company, specialist Ssang Yong SUVs in 1998, but in 1999, faced with financial difficulties.
In 2001, General Motors decided to buy most of the assets of Daewoo Motor, to form GM Daewoo. The new company started its activities October 17, 2002, where GM and its partners Suzuki and SAIC owned shares of 66.7% with an investment of 400 mln. US dollars. The remaining stake of 33.3% owned Korea Development Bank and several other Korean creditors with investments of 197 mln. US dollars.
The deal did not include 15 plants, especially Daewoo old plant in Bupyeong, who at the time worked under the name Daewoo Incheon Motor Company as a supplier to GM Daewoo. General Motors was planning to buy this plant by 2008. In February 2005, GM invested 49 million. US dollars to increase its stake in the company to 48.2%. The share of General Motors in GM Daewoo then increased to 50.9%. Suzuki still held 11% stake in GMDAT, but reportedly considering selling them for GM.
There was GMDAT equipment for design, engineering and research facilities that participated in the development of a variety of genetically modified foods. November 25, 2003 Design Center was moved to a new two-storey building, Bupyeong headquarters, and set himself the task to develop a new SUV style based on a car platform GM Theta, which was released in 2006. GMDAT has manufacturing plants in Korea and an assembly plant in Vietnam. As of February 2005, the cars developed GMDAT, also assembled in China, Thailand, India, Colombia and sold in more than 140 countries. In 2004 GMDAT has sold more than 900,000 vehicles worldwide.