CHEVROLET Lanos Self-Diagnostic Error Codes DTC
Chevrolet Lanos self-diagnosis faults
1 Low signal detected by the control unit from the throttle position sensor. Impulse is out of range.
2 The signal from the throttle position sensor is overestimated. It is necessary to check the operation of the device and its contacts.
To fix the problem, you can adjust the controller:
- At the first stage, the corrugated line through which the air flow passes is disconnected from the device. It is flushed using a solvent, diesel fuel, alcohol or a special tool. Similar actions are repeated with a damper and an intake manifold. Then all elements must be wiped with a soft cloth.
- Using a wrench, the screws securing the damper position controller are loosened. The mechanism itself rises and drops sharply down to the stop, while a characteristic sound should be heard. The position of the fastening components is fixed with nuts.
- Then the controller bolts are unscrewed, the device case is deployed. The damper sensor is set in such a way that a voltage change occurs when the damper is opened.
- All bolts are tightened with a wrench.
3 Reduced signal level recorded on the line of the second fan of the cooling system. If the device does not work, this will lead to overheating of the power unit.
4 Critical high voltage on the electrical circuit connected to the cooling fan 2
5 Low voltage detected on the power line of the first ventilating device of the cooling system. It is necessary to test the quality of contacts, wiring and integrity of the connectors. Due to the aggressive environment in the engine compartment where the fan is located, the problem often consists in the oxidation of contact elements on the device connection block or their clogging. A detailed check and cleaning of the pads is required.
6 High voltage recorded on the control and supply line of the first fan of the cooling system. The cause of the problem may be a malfunction of the safety element or relay, as well as the wiring itself. A detailed check and ringing of power lines connected to the fan is required.
7 Malfunction in the solenoid valve of the exhaust gas recirculation system. The user needs to clean the device and replace it in the event of a breakdown, as well as diagnose the control and power line. The problem may be undervoltage.
8 High signal on the exhaust gas solenoid valve power line. The problem must be sought in the wiring and contacts. If the circuit is intact and there is no short circuit, then the reason may be the motor control unit.
12 The powertrain control unit reports the absence of errors and malfunctions in the operation of vehicle systems and components
13 Faulty oxygen regulator. To find the cause of the problem, the heating elements of all sensors are diagnosed, since the controller number and its location are not indicated. The problem may lie in the device itself and its poor-quality contact.
14 Incorrect engine temperature signal received by the vehicle control module. The cause of the problem is a malfunction in the thermostat heating element control system or the refrigerant temperature sensor. If the reason is the wiring, then you need to test the cable for grounding to ground and the quality of the contact of the device with the mains. Also, the problem may lie in the heating element itself or the thermostat relay. If the device is stuck in the closed position, the cooling of the power unit will be insufficient, which will lead to overheating of the motor. When the signal from the temperature sensor is increased, the contacts and connectors are checked.
15 A critical low signal from the refrigerant temperature controller is supplied to the control module. If the regulator fails, this can lead to problems in the engine, including overheating of the coolant. If the impulse is overestimated, this may indicate an incorrect resistance level, which is associated with a short circuit on the line.
16 Malfunctions or lack of communication with the knock controller. The control unit reports the absence of a signal or a too high pulse coming from the controller. It is necessary to check the wiring and the integrity of the contacts on the connector, as well as the absence of damage on the insulating layer of the cable.
17 Malfunction in the operation of the nozzle associated with the short circuit of the power supply circuit for grounding.
If the problem is not random and the device control line, then it is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- difficult start of the engine, the inability to start the power unit;
- failures in the functioning of the power unit at idle or in transition mode;
- failures when you press the gas pedal, lack of engine response;
- decrease in motor power level and deterioration of dynamics during acceleration;
- increase in fuel consumption;
- increased exhaust toxicity;
- the appearance of detonation during acceleration associated with an increase in temperature in the combustion chambers;
- misfire of the combustible mixture;
- claps coming from the exhaust system;
- malfunction of the oxygen regulator;
- catalytic converter breakdown.
To fix the problem, you need to check the connection quality and flush the elements.
18 The knock sensor of the vehicle is defective or an incorrect signal is received from the device. Check wiring and connector.
19 The microprocessor unit of the car captures the wrong pulse coming from the crankshaft position adjuster.
21 High voltage on the control line of the throttle position controller. The problem may be a breakdown of the electric motor of the mechanism or its poor contact with the electric network of the car. It is necessary to test the wiring and the quality of the connection, the cause of the malfunction may be the closure of the windings of the electric motor itself.
If this problem is not related to the operation of the sensor or control unit, then to eliminate the cause, the following actions are performed:
- First, the user needs to make sure that there are no problems with the quality of the “mass” contact of the auto control module.
- Then you need to make sure that the electrical outputs of the controllers provide the desired connection. To improve the quality of the connection, the user can bend the contacts on the block.
- It is required to carry out diagnostics of the main relay. If necessary, replace the device.
- You should also diagnose the electromechanical throttle for possible problems. The defective assembly must be replaced.
22 Reduced pulse recorded on the power line of the throttle valve sensor.
If the problem does occur and it is not accidental, this is manifested by the following symptoms:
- a serious drop in traction, when you press the gas, the car practically does not respond;
- when the power unit is idling, the speed jumps;
- the engine cannot gain more than two thousand revolutions per minute even when the gas pedal is pressed all the way;
- engine starting is difficult;
- after starting the power unit, the motor can stop immediately.
23 The inlet air temperature controller receives too high a signal or the operating parameter is too high
24 Faulty vehicle speed controller. To determine the cause, it is necessary to test the sensor itself, and then carry out the diagnostics of the circuit connected to the controller.
25 Invalid data arriving at the microprocessor module from the intake air temperature controller
27 Malfunctions in the air conditioning system. The error indicates problems in the operation of the sensor, in particular, an increased signal coming from it. If the controller itself is operational, it is recommended to check the operation of the air conditioning compressor device to find the cause.
29 Malfunction in the fuel pump relay. With such an error, difficulties in starting the engine are possible, up to the impossibility of starting the power unit. The reason may be welding or burnout of the contact elements on the relay. If this device is operational, then the safety elements must be tested.
32 Malfunction in the exhaust gas recirculation system. The problem may be problems with the EGR valve. If the latter breaks down, the idle speed of the power unit is unstable, the fuel consumption increases, and black smoke comes from the muffler.
The main reasons that can lead to a blockage in the exhaust gas recirculation system valve are:
- damage due to wear of valve stem seals;
- engine boosting;
- ingress of lubricant into the exhaust system;
- regular use of low-quality fuel;
- system valve failure due to natural wear and tear;
- an increase in the volume of motor fluid in the engine;
- violation of the established operating system of the exhaust gas system.
If the malfunction is not connected to the valve, then all the lines and pipes of the exhaust gas recirculation system must be visually inspected for integrity.
33 Problems with the operation of the absolute pressure regulator located in the intake manifold. The control module reports that a critically high voltage, which does not correspond to the factory values, is supplied from the controller.
In addition to the reasons associated with the wiring and the sensor itself, the following problems can be distinguished:
- Violation of the sealing of highways. The hoses that go to the sensor must be checked for integrity and lack of depressurization. Hoses may be damaged due to wear or external mechanical stress.
- Controller clogging. Dust, debris and deposits, as well as lubricants, could get inside the regulator.
34 A similar problem with the absolute pressure sensor in the intake manifold. In this case, the cause of the malfunction indicates a reduced pressure in the system.
35 Idle control valve defective
36 General error about the operation of the exhaust gas recirculation system. It is necessary to test the operation of all sensors, as well as the wiring connected to them. If these elements are intact, then the trunk of the system is subject to diagnostics for integrity and lack of leakage. The problem may be loosening the clamps.
41 Overvoltage recorded in the operation of the control module by the ignition system B. It is necessary to check the car's electrical system for the presence of load surges. To do this, the battery and generator device are tested.
42 Malfunction in the control module B of the ignition system. This device also emits a critically high signal.
44 The depletion of the air-fuel mixture. This signal was received by the control unit from the oxygen controller.
Possible causes of the problem that will clear the trouble code and fix the problem:
- the presence of defects and cracks in the exhaust manifold;
- wear of gaskets and sealing elements of the unit;
- clogged or damaged fuel injectors;
- malfunctioning fuel pumps;
- clogging of one or more filters;
- failure of the fuel pressure regulator.
45 Oxygen regulator reports re-enrichment of the air-fuel mixture, this problem can be associated with the following reasons:
- malfunction of the temperature sensor or a thermostat jammed in one position;
- clogged mass air flow regulator;
- malfunctions in the operation of the fuel nozzle, which "overflows" the fuel;
- malfunction of a lambda probe or lack of a signal from the sensor;
- malfunction of the fuel pressure controller located in the fuel line;
- damage to the intake or exhaust manifold, which led to air leaks;
- malfunctions of the cooling system, including faulty
- the formation of soot on spark plugs or the wear of these components, as well as damage to the armored wires.
49 Overvoltage supply to the vehicle. If the battery and the generator set are operational, then the cause should be sought in the motor control unit or in the mounting module with fuses and relays.
51 General code indicating a memory error in the motor control unit. It is necessary to check the software component of the microprocessor. If the error affects the operation of the engine, gearbox or other units, it is recommended that the device be flashed.
53 Malfunctions in the immobilizer, possible causes of the problem:
- failure of the electronic key - transponder;
- low battery installed in the control;
- disconnecting one of the contacts from the control module of the engine blocker;
- failure of the immobilizer control unit;
- malfunction or lack of communication with the antenna adapter;
- serious electromagnetic interference, which impedes data transmission associated with the use of powerful electronic equipment in the car;
- Conflict in the work of the immobilizer and the emergency anti-theft system.
54 Malfunction in the resistor element for adjusting the composition of the mixture, this problem is manifested by the following symptoms:
- malfunction or failure of the flow meter;
- malfunction or shutdown of the fuel nozzle, which “overflows” gasoline;
- malfunction of oxygen regulators or lack of signals from the sensor;
- malfunctions of fuel pressure sensors located in the fuel line;
- damage to the intake or exhaust manifold, which led to air leaks;
- malfunction of the cooling system, including a failed temperature sensor or a thermostat jammed in one position;
- wear or carbon deposits on spark plugs.
55 General fault code of the powertrain control unit
61 Undervoltage detected on the fuel vapor accumulator valve control line
62 Fuel vapor valve valve malfunction, critically high signal detected on device power line
63 Problem related to the operation of the control module by the ignition system B. The microprocessor module reports a reduced voltage detected on the line connected to the device.
64 Malfunction of the ignition system control unit A. A critically high signal is received from the device to the control module.
87 Error in the operation of the relay of the compressor device of the air conditioning system or climate control. The microprocessor module reports a critically low voltage detected on the line.
88 Also an error related to the operation of the air conditioning compressor relay. The malfunction is due to the increased voltage level.
93 Problems in the operation of the electronic control module of the power unit.