CHEVROLET Fault Codes DTC - Aveo, Lacetti, Niva, Cruze, Captiva, Cobalt, Rezzo
CHEVROLET Error Code DTC / Description
P0404 Malfunction in the exhaust gas recirculation system. Codes P0404 or 0404 appear when there is a short circuit on the line or a break in the wiring of the power system. The user needs to make sure that the position of the EGR valve corresponds to the normalized value, as well as to diagnose the earth circuit and the quality of contact with the wiring. If necessary, replace the valve as well as the vacuum tube connected to it. The problem may also be the malfunction of the USR temperature controller or the presence of soot on it or a valve located in the intake manifold.
P0660 Code 0660 is the result of a malfunction in the intake manifold geometry. The error is periodic in nature, so the user can try to erase it from the memory of the control unit, perhaps the code will no longer appear. If the user recently washed the power unit, it is recommended to check all wires and connectors for moisture and oxidation on the intake manifold. There may be a malfunction in the drive unit of the system.
P1403 Combinations of P1403 or 1403 indicate malfunctions in the exhaust gas recirculation system. If the EGR valve breaks, the engine idle runs unstable, the fuel consumption increases, and black smoke comes out of the muffler.
The main reasons that can lead to a blockage in the exhaust gas recirculation system valve are:
- wear of the piston group of the power unit;
- ingress of engine fluid into the exhaust system;
- power unit forcing;
- regular use of low-quality fuel;
- wear of oil seals;
- system valve failure due to natural wear and tear;
- excess engine fluid in the engine;
- violation of the established operating system of the exhaust gas system.
CHEVROLET Engine malfunctions
P0011 Violation of the variable valve timing system, the position of the camshafts is incorrect. Error P0011 is recorded in the memory of the control unit in the event that delays between the actual and calculated shaft angle occur more than ten times in a row.
To throw the error after the diagnosis, you must determine the cause of the problem:
- malfunctions in the system of changing the valve timing;
- damage to the gear wheel (gear) of the shaft;
- breakdown of the phase regulator due to contamination or when replacing the timing chain;
- violation of the flow of motor fluid into the piston chamber, clogging of the oil channel;
- damage to the power line or contact elements on the valve block.
P0012 By mistake P0012, the on-board computer warns the car owner about a late reaction when the intake camshaft position detection system is activated
P0014 Code P0014 indicates incorrect camshaft position
P0015 The engine control unit reports the activation of the exhaust camshaft positioning system with a delay. First of all, to solve the malfunction, it is recommended to clean the solenoid valves. If these steps did not resolve the problem, the elements are replaced.
P0016 Error codes P0016 and 0016 indicate a failure in communication between the crankshaft and camshaft. First of all, you need to make sure the integrity of the pulleys and the timing belt / chain. You also need to make sure that the marks on the shafts match.
P0017 Code P0017 appears if the crankshaft is not positioned correctly. The problem must be sought in the device sensor or in the pulley itself. The cause may be damage to the teeth on the gears or malfunction of the regulator.
P0300 The combination P0300 or 0300 indicates misfire in one or more cylinders. The problem may be random or permanent. Typically, an error occurs as a result of damage to the catalytic converter or increased toxicity. The problem may be a critically low level of compression in the cylinders or a malfunction of the ignition system elements, including a switchgear, coils or candles with high-voltage wires.
P0171 The microprocessor module of the vehicle registers a depleted air-fuel mixture in the cylinders of the power unit.
Error P0171 (0171) leads to the following consequences:
- overheating of the power unit of the machine;
- burnout of piston rings, valves and the pistons themselves;
- fast muffler wear;
- reduction in engine power and traction during riding;
- increased consumption of engine fluid and antifreeze.
P0172 Error code P0172 reports re-enrichment of the air-fuel mixture. When checking the malfunction, the engine must be started, and messages from all the necessary sensors are received on the electronic module. Fuel is also supplied with feedback from the oxygen regulator.
The reasons why this error occurs:
- clogging of the mass air flow sensor, which leads to an increase in the supply of fuel;
- malfunction of the fuel nozzle, which "overflows" fuel;
- malfunctions of the lambda probe or lack of a signal from the sensor;
- malfunction of the fuel pressure controller located in the fuel line;
- damage to the intake or exhaust manifold, which led to air leaks;
- malfunctions of the cooling system, including a faulty temperature controller or a thermostat jammed in one position;
- wear or carbon deposits on spark plugs.
P0222 Malfunction in the throttle actuator actuator. The problem may be a breakdown of the electric motor of the mechanism or its poor contact with the electric network of the car. It is necessary to test the wiring and the quality of the connection, the cause of the malfunction may be the closure of the windings of the electric motor itself.
P0301 Code P0301 (0301) for cars of 2013 and other years of manufacture appears with misfire registered in the first cylinder of the power unit. To eliminate the cause, it is necessary to test all the elements of the ignition system, including the distribution unit and spark plugs. Also to be diagnosed are coils and wires connected to the spark plug.
P0302 By error P0302 the on-board computer (BC) The state reports the occurrence of misfire in the second cylinder of the power unit
P0303 Code P0303 is fixed by the microprocessor module in the event of misfiring in the third cylinder of the motor, the problem is accompanied by the following "symptoms":
unstable engine start and inability to start it in case of activation of a large number of additional devices;
the power unit "troit" when driving at idle, which leads to trembling of the vehicle body;
there is a lack of power of the power unit during the ride;
fuel consumption increased.
The following issues precede code 0303:
- Poor spark formation on spark plugs. The problem may be the formation of soot on these elements - or an incorrectly set gap on the device. You should also check the armored wires connected to the candles.
- Reduced compression in the cylinders. To eliminate such a problem, the user will need to perform the coking of the power unit.
Failure of the switchgear of the ignition system or the appearance of cracks on its cover. It is not possible to eliminate the defects, as they will lead to the ingress of moisture inside.
Poorly formed air-fuel mixture. It is recommended to change the gas station.
Low fuel pressure as a result of malfunctions associated with the operation of the gasoline pump.
Malfunctions in the fuel injectors.
P0304 Code P0304 - also a problem with misfire, only now in the fourth cylinder of the engine
P0341 Malfunction P0 341 (0341) is associated with the operation of the camshaft. The user needs to test the operation of the controllers, as well as the wiring and quality of contacts. The problem may be the desync marks on the shaft.
P0342 Designation of combination P0342 (0342) with decoding - malfunction of the camshaft. There is no signal from a sensor mounted on the engine. If the error appeared after installing the controller, then the user needs to check the so-called target located on the pulley, as well as the gap between it and the controller. If everything is in order, then the terminals and their condition are diagnosed for deformation, as well as wiring.
P0352 Code P0352 appears when the second and third ignition coils or their power lines malfunction. The problem may be related to the operation of the power unit, which is not cooled sufficiently. In this case, the device is diagnosed and replaced in the event of a breakdown, as well as contact verification.
List of symptoms that occur with a faulty ignition coil:
- overheating of the device;
- unstable functioning of the ignition system as a whole;
- decrease in engine performance;
- the appearance of the Check icon on the instrument cluster;
- triple the power unit, in particular, during operation at low temperatures;
- the appearance of failures when working at certain speeds;
- the inability to start the power unit.
P0366 The combination P0366 appears when the signal level coming from the camshaft controller is incorrect. The malfunction can be associated not only with the sensor or wiring, but also with the control unit. It is also necessary to check the shaft for wear - sometimes the problem manifests itself as a result of a broken tooth.
P0420 The combination of P0 420 (0420) is associated with malfunctions in the catalytic converters. It is necessary to check the node for integrity and absence of defects. Also, the problem may be a malfunction of the engine control unit or oxygen regulators.
P0422 The microprocessor device has detected malfunctions of the catalytic converter, the efficiency of the unit is critically low. If the problem P0 422 (0422) does not resolve after the repair, you will need to completely remove the catalyst or reflash the control unit to Euro-3 standard. You can also try to install the so-called snag instead of lambda probe No. 2. In the event of a breakdown, the catalyst is usually not repairable.
P0507 Code 0507 indicates increased engine speeds that do not meet standard ratings.
The problem may occur for the following reasons:
- clogged or malfunctioning throttle;
- blockage of the idle channel;
- a malfunction in the controller for maintaining heating revolutions;
- failure of the servomotor of forced increase in idle speed.
P0597 Code P0597 may have two error codes, but both are related to the operation of the thermostat:
damage to the control circuit of the heating element of the thermostat of the engine cooling system;
Thermostat refrigerant control valve freezes in open or closed positions.
Regardless of the value of the error, the problem is accompanied by difficulties in the engine, including insufficient heating or overheating of the power plant, as well as a decrease in traction and power.
P0598 Incorrect engine temperature signal arriving at the vehicle control module. Most likely, the cause of the problem is a malfunction of the control system of the heating element of the thermostat. If the problem is wiring, then you need to test the cable for grounding to ground and the quality of the contact of the device with the mains. Also, the problem may lie in the heating element itself or the thermostat relay. If the device is stuck in the closed position, the cooling of the power unit will be insufficient, which will lead to overheating of the motor.
P2096 Error P2096 appears when the air-fuel mixture is lean in the powertrain. Data to the control unit comes from oxygen controllers located after the auto catalyst. The error indicates an excess of oxygen in the combustible mixture and a lack of fuel; therefore, engine performance is deteriorating, including idle jumps and misfires, as well as a decrease in dynamics.
Possible causes of the problem that will allow you to throw off the error and fix the problem:
- cracks in the exhaust manifold;
- damage to gaskets and sealing elements of the unit;
- clogged or damaged fuel injectors;
- malfunctioning fuel pumps;
- clogging of one or more filters;
- failure of the fuel pressure sensor.
P2104 Malfunction in the throttle control unit. The cause of the problem must be sought in the electric motor of the mechanism, since most likely the device is out of order or the contacts are closed in it. You must also test the node wiring.
P2135 The P2135 code indicates a mismatch between the readings from the first and second throttle position controllers.
If the problem does occur and it is not accidental, this is manifested by the following symptoms:
- a serious drop in traction, when you press the gas, the car practically does not respond;
- when the power unit is idling, the speed jumps;
- the engine cannot gain more than two thousand revolutions per minute even when the gas pedal is pressed all the way;
- engine starting is difficult;
- after starting the power unit, the motor can stop immediately.
If this problem is not related to the operation of the sensor or control unit, then to eliminate the cause, the following actions are performed:
- First, the user needs to make sure that there are no problems with the quality of the “mass” contact of the auto control module.
- Then you need to make sure that the electrical outputs of the controllers provide the desired connection. To improve the quality of the connection, the user can bend the contacts on the block.
- It is required to carry out diagnostics of the main relay. If necessary, replace the device.
- You should also diagnose the electromechanical throttle for possible problems. The defective assembly must be replaced.
P2138 P2138 code on Aveo F14D3 and other versions indicates errors in the correlation of sensors 1-2 of the gas pedal position. It is necessary to test the wiring and contacts on the controllers
P2187 Literally, the combination of P2187 or 2187 stands for "low voltage in the idle fuel control system." It is necessary to verify the absence of misfire, and also to check all the elements that affect the formation of the air-fuel mixture.
P2188 By errors P2188 or 2188, the engine control unit reports a re-enrichment of the air-fuel mixture in the cylinders of the power unit, codes appear when the following problems:
- clogging of the air filter, which led to re-enrichment of the mixture at idle speed of the motor;
- malfunction of the idling sensor or its pollution;
- clogged idle valve;
- throttle pollution;
- malfunction of the oxygen controller;
- incorrect operation of the mass air flow sensor;
- nozzle malfunction.
CHEVROLET Sensor Failures
P0037 Error codes P0037 or 0037 appear when there is a malfunction in the heating element of the oxygen sensor. It is necessary to check the wiring and the device itself.
P0102 Code 0102 is the result of an underestimated signal from the mass air flow position controller. The pulse supplied to the module from the flow meter does not correspond to the normalized parameters and may be the cause of the incorrect formation of the air-fuel mixture.
P0107 Code P0107 appears when there is a malfunction in the manifold pressure sensor, the error may be due to an inappropriate signal from the device. The problem is fixed at a voltage in the power supply network in the range from 11 to 11.5 Volts and an absolute pressure in the collector of less than 12 kPa.
P0108 Code P0108 appears when there is a malfunction in the absolute pressure controller located in the intake manifold. The control unit notes that a signal is too high from the device that does not correspond to the normalized parameters.
In addition to the reasons associated with the wiring and the sensor itself, the following problems can be distinguished:
- Violation of the sealing pipes. The hoses that go to the sensor must be checked for integrity and lack of depressurization. The nozzles may be damaged as a result of wear or external mechanical stress.
- Controller clogging. Dust, debris and deposits, as well as lubricants, could get inside the regulator.
P0113 Error P0113 is related to a malfunction in the intake manifold temperature controller. A critical signal is received from the device to the vehicle control module.
P0122 Code P0122 is the result of a breakdown of the throttle position sensor. The control unit may receive a signal from the controller that does not correspond to the normalized parameters. With such a problem, an arbitrary stop of the power unit is possible, for example, at traffic lights or in traffic jams.
P0223 Error code P0223 appears when the throttle mechanism is not working properly. The problem is a malfunction of the drive unit of the controller or a critically high signal from the sensor.
P0328 Code 0328 is associated with a malfunction in the knock controller. The control unit reports the absence of a signal or a too high pulse coming from the controller. It is necessary to check the wiring and the integrity of the contacts on the connector, as well as the absence of damage on the insulating layer of the cable.
P0335 By error P0335 (0335), the microprocessor module reports a malfunction in the operation of the crankshaft position controller; if it breaks, the following problems are observed:
drop in power of the power unit, a decrease in the level of dynamics of the vehicle during movement;
sharp jumps in speed during the ride;
the difficulty of starting the engine for both cold and hot;
the appearance of detonation during movement, in particular, when the engine is under load.
P0343 By error 0343, the engine control unit reports an excessively high signal from the camshaft sensor. It is necessary to test the controller itself and its wiring.
P0365 Malfunction in the exhaust camshaft controller. The user needs to test the operation of the device, as well as check its wiring. Despite the fact that the error indicates a broken power line, the cause may be a broken tooth on the shaft.
P0500 Vehicle speed sensor malfunction With error 0500, you must test the integrity of the wiring and the operation of the device itself.
P0509 Code 0509 is associated with a malfunction in the idle speed sensor. It is necessary to test the wiring and the element itself, which is responsible for the engine stroke.
P0521 Malfunction of the engine fluid pressure controller. If errors occur in the operation of this device on the instrument cluster, the Check indicator and oiler light up. It is necessary to check the level of motor fluid in the engine and make sure that it is in accordance with the norm, if necessary, oil is added.
P0833 Error code 0833 indicates a malfunction in the operation of the limit switch located on the vehicle’s clutch pedal. The problem may be poor contact due to clogging of the device with dirt and dust. A detailed check and cleaning of the chip slot is required. A damaged limit switch changes to a new one.
P1382 This code indicates an invalid signal coming from the rough road controller. The device may not work correctly or fail. The user needs to test the operation of the sensor, and also make sure that the voltage and resistance at the contacts are correct.
P2106 Error code P2106 appears when a malfunction in the throttle position sensor or electronic gas pedal malfunctions. It is necessary to check the contacts on both devices. Failures in their work will lead to a decrease in dynamics during car movement, as well as a lack of reaction of the vehicle to pressing the gas.
P2119 Error P2119 (2119) is the idle speed sensor. The problem may be accompanied by a decrease in engine power, as well as a deterioration in the dynamics of the vehicle as a whole.
U0415 The motor control module receives incorrect data from the ABS sensor or the anti-lock brake system control unit. If such an error occurs, first of all, it is necessary to check the LAN circuits in the cable bundle between the motor control unit and the ECM for increased resistance, as well as the reliability of the connections in the device pads.
CHEVROLET Oxygen Sensor Errors
P0030 This code reports a malfunction in the electrical circuit connected to the heating element of the first lambda probe. First, the user needs to diagnose the control line of the heating component for increased resistance. If the operating parameter is higher than the normalized value, the voltage is diagnosed by the car owner.
P0130 Error 0130 appears when there is a malfunction in the oxygen controller 1 installed before the converter. The control unit detects an incorrect signal from the device. It is necessary to carry out diagnostics of wiring and contact elements of the sensor.
P0131 Error P0131 (0131) is detected at a critically low voltage detected on the control line of the first lambda probe located upstream of the converter. A problem may be a reduced oxygen transfer to form an air-fuel mixture.
P0132 The combination P0132 indicates an increased voltage registered in the circuit of the first oxygen controller located in the bank 1 of the engine.
Possible causes of the malfunction:
- high temperature of combustion of fuel;
- short circuit on the line of the heating device of the regulator;
- damage to the power cable or disconnecting the connector from the device.
P0133 The combination P0133 or 0133 literally stands for "insufficient performance in the electrical circuit of the front lambda probe." This indicates a too slow response from the regulator.
Reasons that could lead to this problem:
- violation of the sealing of the exhaust or intake manifold, air leaks are not allowed;
- problems in the operation of the fuel component;
- malfunction of control circuits or oxygen sensor.
Recommendations for resolving the problem:
- replacement of a lambda probe with a new one;
- flashing the engine control unit with software shutdown of the controllers;
- replacing a damaged intake manifold with a new one;
- cleaning and flushing fuel injectors;
- replacement of the crankshaft position controller;
- use of high-quality fuel;
- retuning of the gearbox for vehicles equipped with a gas cylinder installation.
P0134 Error P0134 (0134) is associated with damage to the power cable of the oxygen sensor 1 installed before the converter. The control unit reports a wiring break, so the cable integrity is tested first.
P0136 Code P0136 is the result of a short to ground in the electrical circuit of the second oxygen regulator
P0137 Code P0137 appears when it is not possible to determine the presence of an oxygen sensor. There is no signal from the device to the control unit, so the problem may be related not only to the controller, but also to the wiring. A sensor malfunction will lead to incorrect formation of the air-fuel mixture, which is fraught with incorrect engine operation. You should also check the heating element of the sensor for operability.
P0140 Literally, this code translates as "lack of activity from the second lambda probe", the diagnosis is as follows:
- In the car, the ignition is turned off, then the engine starts and warms up. If error P0140 occurs, then the signal level should be in the region of 440-470 mV.
- Ignition is turned off, contact elements are disconnected from the oxygen regulator. Then terminal outputs A and C must be connected to ground. The ignition is activated and the voltage is checked again by the scanner. The operating parameter should be less than 150 mV with a failed sensor.
P0141 The combination P0141 (0141) is a consequence of a malfunction in the power line of the lambda probe 2 heating element installed in the first engine bank. With such an error, the Check indicator on the dashboard is sure to light, and the fuel consumption of the car also increases.
Reasons for the problem to appear:
- malfunction of the heating element of the sensor;
- failure of the safety device responsible for the operation of the lambda probe;
- damage to the power line or short circuit on the wire connected to the regulator;
- malfunction of the heater circuit block;
- malfunctions of the control unit, including software malfunctions;
- if the problem appears after installing a new sensor, then a device that is not in accordance with the technical standards of the vehicle may be used.
P2196 Code P2196 (2196) is associated with an incorrect signal from the oxygen controller. The pulse from the sensor is not in the range of acceptable values. The problem can lead to the formation of a re-enriched mixture in the cylinders of the power unit.
CHEVROLET Wiring faults
B1006 (9006) The control unit has detected an overcurrent caused by turning lights. Most likely, the increased signal is associated with a short in the power lines of the turn signals. The error may be due to a malfunction of the safety device, the relay or the closure of their contacts.
B0012 Damage to the electrical circuit or incorrect signal on the airbag line installed in the steering wheel
B0015 An error reports a malfunction in the operation of the belt pretensioner pretensioner circuit. The device located on the driver’s side is subject to diagnostics.
Possible causes of the problem:
- short circuit on the line to the battery voltage;
- wire short circuit to ground;
- a break registered in the activation loop of the tensioner retractor pretensioner;
- the resistance level is too high or low and does not correspond to the normalized indicators.
B3883 The problem is related to the control line and power supply for the rear number light bulb, possible causes:
- short circuit of the wire to the battery voltage;
- short circuit of contact elements to "mass";
- cable break light indicator light number.
C0035 This error code indicates a malfunction in the power line of the speed controller mounted on the front left wheel. A detailed check of the electrical circuit for damage or breakage is required. If this error occurs along with other ABS trouble codes, then you must test the module itself, as well as the system sensors.
C0040 Code C0040 indicates a malfunction in the anti-lock braking system.
To fix the problem, check the following items:
- Wiring harness connected to ABS sensors located on wheels. To gain access to the connector will have to dismantle part of the lining and possibly the bumper of the vehicle.
- Check the integrity of the sensors and the presence of signals from the devices. The controller itself may fail. Sometimes the problem is a malfunction of the connector or broken contacts.
- Perform a ground contact diagnosis. The ground bolt may be located in the area of the fuse box. It is necessary to check all the wires coming from the sensors and the control module with an anti-lock system. Often the contact is oxidized, resulting in poor signal transmission.
- Check the operation of the ABS control unit.
C0041 Malfunction or damage to the power line of the speed controller mounted on the front right wheel
C0050 An open or undervoltage detected on the control line and power supply of the vehicle speed controller. If the sensor and its wiring are intact, the user needs to check the arbot of the engine control unit.
C0277 Faults related to wiring connected to the brake controller.
Possible causes of the problem:
- low voltage or open cable connected to the device;
- too high pulse level in the electrical circuit;
- the control unit has not calibrated the brake pedal position controller;
- frequent state transitions in the pedal controller circuit;
- low or high voltage recorded on pin 3 of the power line of the reference voltage of the control unit.
C1555 Malfunction in the power line relay electric motor power steering system. The user needs to perform diagnostics of the motor itself, the controllers, as well as the control module of the electric power steering. With error C1555, you need to check the contacts on the connection connector and make sure that there is no oxidation in the block.
P0036 Error code 0036 is associated with a malfunction in the electrical circuit of the oxygen sensor heating element. The control unit reports errors in the operation of the controller 2, the corresponding device and its circuit must be checked and replaced in case of a defect.
P0118 A critically high signal from the refrigerant temperature controller is supplied to the microprocessor module. If the sensor is defective, this can lead to problems in the engine, including overheating of the coolant. If the impulse is overestimated, this may indicate an incorrect resistance level, which is associated with a short circuit on the line.
P0138 If this code lights up when reading faults on the instrument panel, this indicates an increased voltage on the wire of the second oxygen regulator installed in the first engine bank. A high signal is recorded on the line for more than 10 seconds, which indicates a lack of oxygen in the exhaust gases. If the lambda probe and wires are intact, then the user needs to check the operation of the engine control unit.
Diagnosis of the problem P0138 (0138):
- Fault codes are read, and then they are deleted from the control unit memory. Running a test trip.
- On a car with an engine running, the output data of the lambda probe is diagnosed.
- The wiring of the regulator, as well as its blocks, is checked for corrosion or breaks. You should also check the controller for physical defects in the case or for contamination with liquid.
- Diagnoses damage to the exhaust system in front of the lambda probe.
P0277 Open or shorted power line connected to the nozzle installed in the sixth cylinder of the engine. It is necessary to check the quality of the connection and the operation of the device itself.
P0317 There is no input signal from mechanisms and systems for detecting rough roads. The code is fixed if the engine management system cannot calculate the source of the rough road or the operating time of the electric motor is more than 10 seconds. A malfunction indicator may not appear on the dashboard.
Diagnosis of the problem is as follows:
- Delete error codes and check the control unit for problems again.
- If the car does not have an anti-lock braking system, it is necessary to disconnect the connector of the rough road sensor and the block from the engine control unit. Using the tester, the resistance level is diagnosed between the output V of the vertical acceleration controller and pin M21 of the microprocessor module.
- If the resistance does not correspond to the normalized values, it is necessary to repair the open circuit. After repair, a voltage level is measured at terminal B of the vertical acceleration controller.
- If the voltage is normal, the ignition is turned off and the sensor changes. If after replacing the device the error remains, it is necessary to eliminate other trouble codes, since they can be connected.
P0327 Error code P0327 or 0327 on Aveo T200 and other versions appears when the power line connected to the knock sensor of the car is damaged. In the event of a malfunction of the controller or the absence of a signal from it, the fuel consumption increases, and third-party sounds appear from under the hood. In addition, the density of smoke from the exhaust pipe becomes higher, and the dynamics of the vehicle as a whole decreases.
P0336 The signal from the crankshaft position controller is out of range. The problem may be the wrong voltage or resistance on the control and power lines.
P0337 The combination P0337 (0337) appears when a short circuit is detected on the power line of the engine crankshaft position controller. It is necessary to test the wiring for possible damage or deterioration of the insulation.
P0338 Open cable connected to the crankshaft sensor
P0351 Error code P0351 reports a malfunction of the primary ignition coil circuit. It is necessary to check the quality of the line contact with the device, and also make sure that there are no short circuits or breaks on the wire. The problem may lie in the coil itself or the distributor module - distributor. Malfunctions in the coils can occur immediately in several cylinders.
P0340 Combinations of P0340 and 0340 indicate a lack of communication with the engine knock sensor. A device malfunction or the inability to determine it by the control unit will lead to malfunctions of the power unit. The engine will begin to “troit”, from under the hood sounds uncharacteristic for its operation will be heard, a metal knock.
P0444 Short to power on-board network cable connected to the canister purge valve. The problem may also be a break in the power and control lines. To find the cause, you need to diagnose the power supply circuit of the device, as well as the voltage level at the output B of the harness connector. Code 0444 is recorded by the Bosch on-board computer if the driver’s self-test detected a short to circuit output.
Verification is carried out as follows:
- The car shuts off the engine.
- The user disconnects the harness block from the canister purge valve. The ignition is being activated.
- Using a probe connected to ground, pin A is diagnosed on the connector. If the tester indicator does not light up, this indicates a break in one of the cables.
- Then the multimeter is connected between pin B and the vehicle ground, a voltage check is performed. If the operating value is less than 1 volt, this indicates a malfunction of the controller or a break in the power line. If the obtained parameter was from 4 to 6 volts, this indicates problems in the operation of the purge valve. If the operating value is more than 10 volts, the problem is the short circuit of one of the cables to the battery.
P0500 Incorrect signal coming from the speed controller of the vehicle. The cause of the problem can be either the sensor or the wiring. You should also make sure the integrity of the contacts and the absence of damage on the connector of the cable connected to the sensor.
P0501 No signal coming from the vehicle speed controller. The cause of the problem must be sought in the operation of the sensor itself or the power line. If the wiring is complete and the installation of a new controller did not solve the problem, then the reason may be in the engine control unit.
P0502 The control module receives a critically low signal from the vehicle speed controller. The user needs to test the operation of the sensor and its wiring for wear. If these elements are intact, then the control unit is subject to diagnosis and replacement.
P0503 An intermittent signal is received from the vehicle speed controller. Most likely, the problem is either poor contact or wear on the conductor's insulation sheath. In both cases, the contact will be unstable, as a result of which the signal enters the control module intermittently.
P0508 Code 0508 appears when the power supply circuit of the idle speed sensor is damaged. It is necessary to test the operation of the device and make sure of its high-quality contact with the vehicle’s power supply.
P0510 The combination of P0510 or 0510 is the result of a malfunction in the power line of the throttle position switch. If the mechanism does not work correctly, this may lead to improper functioning of the power unit.
P0599 By mistake P0599, the microprocessor module reports a critical high voltage on the thermostat heating system line. Most likely, the reason is the closure of the winding installed in the device. It is necessary to test and ring all the contacts, and also make sure that the resistance is correct.
P0650 The vehicle’s on-board computer detected a critically low voltage signal in the fault lamp power circuit. If the problem is not the indicator itself, then you need to look for it in the wiring or control unit. It is necessary to check the cables connected to the instrument cluster.
P0656 The combination of OBD P0656 is associated with malfunctions in the output pulse line fixed to the fuel sensor. The controller can transmit incorrect readings to the instrument cluster auto. It is necessary to test the electrical circuit for a possible short to battery, ground, or open.
P0661 Code P0661 (0661) appears when the control line of the intake manifold flap solenoid is broken
P0703 Code P0703 indicates damage to the power line or a poor-quality signal coming from the wheel torque reduction controller B. It is necessary to check the integrity of the wiring and the quality of the contacts.
P1101 Malfunction or open circuit of the atmospheric pressure sensor. The signal from the mass air flow controller is out of the acceptable range of performance. It is necessary to clean the valve, and also to check the integrity of the wiring and the quality of the connection of the device.
P1115 Code 1115 on Bosch 757 and other versions of on-board computers indicates a malfunction in the heating element of the oxygen regulator. It is necessary to test the wiring and contacts on the heater, as well as the device connection connector.
P1386 The control unit reports that the test signal or the integrator of the knock channel of the controller does not correspond to standard parameters
P1410 Malfunction of the canister purge control valve, the control unit reports a short circuit on the line to ground
P1502 Short to battery in the fuel pump relay control circuit.
P1509 Microprocessor device detected overload of the idle speed sensor control line
P1513 Short circuit to ground in the idle speed sensor control circuit
P1514 Code 1514 appears when the wiring is damaged or a short circuit occurs to the power source (battery) of the cable connected to the idle speed sensor. The problem may also be a broken wire. With the help of a multimeter, the cables connected to the idle sensor are dialed.
P1602 The combination of P1602 (1602) is the result of a power failure in the vehicle’s electrical system. The user needs to diagnose the battery, make sure that the required voltage level is present at its terminals. With the engine turned off, the operating value, measured with a multimeter, should be about 12.7 volts. If the power unit is started, this parameter should be in the range from 13.5 to 14 V.
The following components are also subject to diagnosis:
- Generator set. You must make sure that the device is connected properly, that there are no damages to the cables and inoperative elements (controller relays, brushes, etc.).
- The engine control unit. Contact may have moved away from the device, resulting in power surges or code errors;
- Mounting module with fuses. The connection quality of the device, the absence of damaged contacts and the integrity of the sockets;
- Wiring in the car.
- Safety elements and relays located outside the mounting block.
P1661 Failure or lack of signal from the control indicator Check Engine. It is necessary to check the operation of the bulb located on the instrument cluster. The cause of the problem is often due to poor contact or oxidation of the connector, you need to check the wiring. If the light indicator itself is operational, then you just need to reset the error code.
P2088 Code P2088 indicates a malfunction of the solenoid control line of the intake camshaft timing control device. The problem is fixed in the front row and lies in the critically low voltage on the line. The problem may be a malfunction of the valve itself.
P2101 This error occurs as a result of a malfunction in the power line of the drive device of the charging system at idle. The malfunction may be due to a break in the wiring or a short circuit on the line. If everything is in order with the wiring, the user needs to test the operation of the battery and safety devices with relays. The latter can cause a circuit, in particular, if there are malfunctions in the operation of the mounting block.
P2118 Mechanical or electrical failure of the charge drive device.
Malfunctions of CHEVROLET electronic modules and digital communication buses
C0561 Error C0561 literally translates as “information about the system shutdown has been saved - invalid data has been received”. The handbrake control unit is subject to complete diagnostics, since this unit receives an incorrect impulse or signals from other devices are not received at it.
P0513 The control module of the car detected an incorrect engine lock key. If the immobilizer does not recognize the control, you can try to start the power unit using an additional electronic transponder.
P0560 If the on-board computer diagnostics helped to read and learn the code 0560, this means that the voltage in the mains is below the minimum value.
Possible causes of the problem:
- Short circuit in one of the sections of the vehicle electrical system. It is necessary to ring the wiring and test the integrity of all power lines for the absence of insulation defects.
- Battery failure due to wear. It is necessary to check the electrolyte level in the banks of the battery and replenish it if necessary.
- Low battery due to low temperatures or several engine attempts. Device recharging required. The problem may lie in the power unit itself - if the unit is faulty, it makes no sense to turn the engine to start it.
- Decrease in battery capacity. The device’s charge will not help, you will need to replace it.
- Malfunction in the engine control unit.
- Malfunctions in the functioning of the generator set or one of its structural components. The user needs to check the voltage regulator relay, as well as the drive belt and pulley. The strap could wear out, which leads to "sagging" voltage.
P0606 Code P0606 (0606) indicates the speed of the controller. This problem refers to malfunctions in the microprocessor module. It is necessary to test the integrity of the wiring and make sure that there are no software problems.
P0693 Code 0693 reports a malfunction of the electric fan 2 of the cooling system. The user needs to check the operation of the electric motor of the device, as well as the quality of the contacts and their integrity on the connector. Possible failure of one of the safety elements or relays.
P1396 Code P1396 or 1396 appears as a result of a malfunction recorded in the ABS anti-lock braking system.
Possible causes that may precede the appearance of this combination:
- malfunction of the ABS sensors located on the wheels, the problem may consist in the oxidation of - - the contacts on the devices;
- damage or wear of the wiring, lack of signals from one of the system components;
- ABS control module malfunction, software board failure;
- incorrect operation or lack of signals coming from rough road sensors.
P1570 Error code 1570 indicates an incorrect signal coming from the standard anti-theft system of the vehicle APS. The problem must be sought in the immobilizer control unit or poor-quality contact. Also, the cause may be a malfunction of the antenna module.
P1628 Code 1628 indicates a lack of communication with the immobilizer. The problem may be a malfunction of the immo control unit or incorrect operation of the engine control module. In the second case, software failures may occur. You must verify the integrity of the wiring, as well as the operability of the electronic key.
P1629 On Aveo T300 and other versions, code 1629 is associated with incorrect calculation of the car immobilizer. This suggests that the microprocessor module cannot determine the presence of an engine blocker or a conflict arose between the two devices during operation. There may also be problems in determining the electronic key of the transponder.
P1640 The microprocessor reports an error reading or writing information to the internal flash RAM of the control unit. The problem may be programmatic in nature.
P1689 Erroneous parameter codes in the fault memory of the control unit
U0073 Damage or disconnection of the digital bus connected to the LS electronic controller. It is necessary to check the wiring and contact elements on the connector.
U0100 Error in the relationship between the engine control units and the gearbox via the CAN bus. The user needs to test the wiring and digital interface. The appearance of an error may be due to power surges.
U0401 Invalid data received by the microprocessor module from the ECM. It is necessary to test the integrity of the wiring and cables, as well as the operation of the control module of the transmission unit.
CHEVROLET Gearbox malfunctions
B1018 (9018) Literally, this code is decoded as “resetting the electronic control unit”. This problem is not a mistake of the electronic engine control system, but is a package malfunction in the local integration of the on-board computer. The problem is programmatic in nature.
P080A An error code indicates that no data has been received from the position of the clutch pedal. This problem may occur after replacing or repairing the transmission unit module or clutch sensor. With such a problem, the engine may stall at idle, failures are often felt (the car does not respond to gas). It is also possible to arbitrarily stop the power unit when shifting gears. To adapt the device, you will need to change the firmware or a special scanner.
P0700 Codes P0700 and 0700 are the result of malfunctions recorded in the operation of the gearbox control unit or the speed control system. To find the problem, it is necessary to diagnose the correct functioning of the brake switch ("frogs"). Also, the position controller of the automatic transmission lever is subject to diagnosis, since this node transmits signals to change gears. The error is typical only for automatic units.
P0711 The performance of the power line of the oil temperature controller in the transmission unit does not correspond to the normalized indicators. The problem may lie in the sensor itself or its wiring. The error is fixed if the temperature of the consumable in the transmission has changed by no more than five degrees in ten minutes from the moment the engine is started. If the sensor and its wiring are operational, it is recommended to check the quality of the liquid itself. In the presence of traces of deposits and sediments, gearbox oil is replaced.
P0751 Error refers to a malfunction in the transmission unit. The control unit reports that the operation of the solenoid valve for shifting the first gear is disrupted. The device sticks in the off position. With such an error, the control module of the gearbox locks the first speed and also blocks the idling on neutral.
P0752 The vehicle control unit indicates a malfunction in the solenoid valve for shifting the first gear. It is noted that the device is jammed in the activated state. The control module of the gearbox records the slippage of the unit more than 400 revolutions per minute for 1.5 seconds when a third gear command is issued. An error is logged if the problem is repeated five times in a row.
With such an error, the transmission unit can go into emergency mode, since the gearbox control unit:
- limits the operation of the device to the second range and reverse;
- performs locking of the option of switching speeds up and down using the TAP mechanism;
- blocks the ability to manually switch speed modes;
- does not allow to idle in neutral gear;
- "Freezes" the work of active options;
- sends a command to increase the pressure parameter in the pipeline to the maximum value.
P0796 Malfunction in the solenoid valve pressure control 3 in the gearbox. The problem is typical only for automatic transmissions and is accompanied by the transition of the unit into emergency operation mode. With this error, the gearbox valve sticks in the off position, which leads to difficulties when shifting gears.
P0797 A similar problem, only P0797 means that the transmission solenoid valve is stuck in the closed position. The control unit of the transmission unit detects an incorrect gear ratio of the clutch being switched off or a decrease in speed when switching speeds.
P0833 Error Co indicates a malfunction in the automatic transmission device. The problem is the malfunction of the clutch pedal position sensor. The control unit notes that the signal on the device’s power line is too low, which does not correspond to the normalized data.
P2714 Malfunction of the solenoid valve control system D of the automatic transmission. The device stuck in the closed position, which can lead to incorrect operation of the unit as a whole.
P2723 On Chervolet cars, this DTC can have two meanings:
reduced voltage on the control and power lines of the automatic transmission solenoid E, it is necessary to check the operation of the device and replace it;
malfunction of the solenoid valve for controlling the pressure system of the clutch 5 of the gearbox, the device is locked in the off state.